Tuesday, January 10, 2012

North Carolina (Part 2)

Another set of photos I took from my recent trip to North Carolina, these are images I feel represent the area my father lives.  It's a more rural area, where simple people live for simple things, and the harsh economic environment of recent years can be seen.  Yet there is something of a calm, almost peaceful aura about the area. people here are content to be with their family and do what makes them happy.  They take pride in little things, and help remind me that I should do the same.









The last one has sentimental meaning to it.  This is the house that my grandmother has lived in for the past 50 years.  This trip was to relocate her to my father's house.  I've been seeing this image my entire life, so I decided to capture it the last time I'd see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment